Tom Marquess

Tom Marquess our Founding Chairman in 1927 and again Chairman 1928, 1930 and 1931.

J. H. Norbury was founding Secretary with Fred Norbury being founding Treasurer.

Tom Marquess appears on the ramblers photo below taken in 1947, 20 years since the formation of LCRA.

Wirral Ramble 1947.
The Club's first A.G.M. was convened by Tom Marquess in the summer of 1927 at which it was decided to approach Archbishop Keating to obtain his permission to operate such an organisation within the Archdiocese.

The Archbishop readily gave his consent and so the Catholic Holiday Guild as it was then known was born.

By September 1928 it was evident that the original title was no longer adequately descriptive of the Club's activities and so was altered to the 'Catholic Holiday Guild and Rambling Association'